This Single wire beverage classic is a long wire antenna installed very close to the ground. The antenna should be longer than 1 wavelength and installed at a height of less than 0.05 wavelength above ground - on the ground for this model. The beverage is usually terminated in a resistance at the end (opposite the feedpoint). Beverage antennas provide one of the least expensive and most reliable ways to improve DX capabilities on the low frequencies.
- Low band receiving antenna
- Lower noise, better directivity
- Can be part of phased array
- BOG = Beverage On Ground
- Broadband 0.1 to 30 MHz
- Single directional
- Low noise
- Beverage element is on the ground
- Protections - high voltage/current
- Termination resistance selectable in three steps
- 50/75 Ohm feed line - easy jumper switch
- Common-mode coax choke included
- Electrostatic protection with neon lamps
- High power protection
- Stainless screws
- High quality connectors
- IP56 boxes - recommended to protect it against water
- Feeder size 100x100 mm
- Terminator size 64x58 mm
- ASSEMBLED VERSION
- Coax impedance 50 or 75 Ohm (internal jumper)
- Construction as you need.
- Beverage element (wire) is directly on ground - no supports needed.