This RX Protection limiter with CMCC (common-mode current choke) BOX is able to protect your receiver against the high power RF signals and prevent from destruction. These high RF signals are common in the multi transmitter environment - contest QTH, but also it can limit strong RF peak from the close lightning. Simply, but powerful, high voltage protection limits AC voltage peaks to 65 V. Transformators work as isolation and Common-mode current as filter.
The SuperFuse protects against high current in the RX line and disconnect the circuit. This SuperFuse is big advantage compare to the best products on the market. Thanks to the circuit construction there is minimal problem with IMD. Limiter works for the signals higher than 20 mW. This device do not degrade the dynamic range of the receiver. The signal which is limited by this protection is usually higher than the value which is in the dynamic range of most receivers on the market.
Using & Where to put this box
- At the receiver port (RX ANT) of your TRX
- At the input port of RX preamplifier
- At the output of your RX preamplifiers - output could be 400mW!
- At the output of your RX ANT switch
- Diode RF limiter for signals higher than 10 dBm (10 mW)
- SuperFuse protects circuit against current higher than 100 mA
- Neon lamps light up with AC voltage higher than 65
- Common-mode current insulator
- High RF isolation
- Input to Output coax ground isolation
- Low insertion loss
High quality connectors
- IP56 box - recommended to protect it against rain and snow
- Feeder size 100x100 mm
- ASSEMBLED and TESTED VERSION
- Impedance 50 or 75 the same at in/out
- RF limiter output +13 dBm (could be se to +17 dBm by jumper)
- SuperFuse break circuit when current is higher than 100 mA
- Neon lamps protect while > 65 V AC
- Low insertion loss
- Galvanic isolation IN to OUT
- Common-mode isolation > 40 dB @ 160m, > 30 dB @ 40m, > 18 dB @ 10m
ASSEMBLED BOX: ready to use
ASSEMBLED MODULE: ready to use - MODULE VERSION
Connectors: PL SO-239 or F
Included in package
Protection limiter assembled and tested
If you want to know more please check our wiki with RX Protection limiter manual.